We offer a safe and loving home for residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s. Our associates are carefully selected and trained to support those with memory loss. They serve with compassion and understanding while honoring the strengths and abilities of each individual in addition to supporting families and friends on this journey.
We understand that the disease process can be slowed down when individuals are in the healthiest environment. Therefore, our daily program incorporates a variety of amenities and features to promote a healthy environment for each resident such as: A few of them are listed below:
Amenities & Features
Available at Avon
- Cognitive Stimulation: People with memory impairment, including those with Alzheimer’s disease, still benefit from learning and mental activities to improve their quality of life and functioning.
- Stress-Free Environment: Stress hormones appear to exacerbate rapidly the formation of brain lesions; one of the hallmarks of Alzheimer’s disease. Therefore, stress management is an important factor in treating the disease.
- Physical Exercise & Healthy Lifestyle: Scientific evidence points to a relationship between brain health and cardiovascular system health.
- Memory through the Five Senses: A positive correlation exists between sensory-based therapies and improved memory, mood, and quality of life, even among those with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Socialization: Socialization is an important component of treatment because people with dementia can recognize and appreciate attention.